THE LAUNCH OF CALOUSTE GULBENKIAN TRANSLATION SERIES, SECOND PHASE
Armenian Communities Department of Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation launches the second phase of Calouste Gulbenkian Translation Series project, the aim of which is to make fundamental texts in the humanities and the social sciences available in Armenian translation. ARI Literature Foundation is the coordinator of the project in Armenia.
10 out of 72 initially suggested titles were selected for translation in the second phase of the project. The titles of the long list were compiled based on surveys conducted among members of the Advisory board, translators, editors and publishers of the first phase, as well as lecturers and heads of relevant faculties of universities of Armenia.
The selected titles include important works on the humanities, social sciences, history, politics, cultural, education, as well as interdisciplinary works by outstanding authors of the 20th and 21st centuries, which have never been translated into Armenian.
Below you can find the list of titles to be translated in the frames of the second phase of Calouste Gulbenkian translation series:
- Benedict Anderson, Imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism
- John Rawls, A Theory of Justice
- Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, A Critique of Postcolonial Reason: Toward a History of the Vanishing Present
- Lawrence Venuti, The Translator’s Invisibility: A History of Translation
- Jacques Le Goff, La Civilisation de l’Occident Médiéval
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Logisch-Philosophische Abhandlung / Philosophische Untersuchungen
- Carlo Ginzburg, The Cheese and the Worms
- William James, Pragmatism
- Terry Eagleton, Marxism and Literary Criticism
- Edgar Wind, Art and Anarchy.
The open call for translators and the recruitment of publishers interested in publishing translations will be announced soon.
For all the quieries please contact ARI Literature Foundation.
Tel.: +374 99 05 11 12
Email: [email protected]